Friday, May 31, 2013

Logan's Nursery Tour












We moved into this house on our one year anniversary and when I was 6 months pregnant. I was so excited about decorating her nursery; I always thought I'd do a Peter Pan theme. Once we got here and I started to put the rest of the house together, I knew I wanted to go with eclectic. It started with the quilt on the pallet bed that was a wedding gift from our friend, Lisa. I had already made the pillows with vintage fabrics. I originally had them listed for sale on my Etsy store, but I stole them back for Logan. Everything just grew from there. I loved the Jenny Lind crib when I saw it on Amazon. I opted for white because I was thinking I may want to spray paint it yellow some day. I am most proud of the blue swivel chair purchase. I bought it for $20 at a local thrift store. Such a steal! I also upcycled her lamp with some red paint. I found it at another thrift store in town and it was pretty nasty. I cleaned it up, rewired it, and painted the chain and details. I am still slightly unhappy about her dresser/changing table. I searched Craiglist and thrift stores for months, trying to find the perfect Mid Century dresser, but unfortunately could not find anything that was the right height. I ended up going with this dresser from Overstock because it sort of had the tapered legs I was hoping for.

Now it's funny how I was in such a rush to get her room perfect before her arrival because she's only taken a few naps in there. I think we will start crib training in the next few weeks. Maybe.

Thank you so much for taking a look at Logan's nursery. Come back soon for more tours of our little home.




xo
Ali

1 comment :

  1. I LOVE the hanging pendant lamp and the crochet square banner! My kids are older now and I'm no longer designing their rooms...but I had so much fun when I did! Anyway, I want to copy both the lamp and the banner for myself...they could easily transfer to an adult space! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete