Thursday, June 6, 2013

Currently


Listening to: Reel Big Fish. They go hand in hand with the sunshiny weather!

Feeling thankful:  For my husband. I was laid off over a year and a half ago and he works his butt off to make a life for us. He wakes up in the middle of the night to help with the baby, he never misses a day of work, and he always comes home smiling and ready to go on a family walk. I couldn't ask for anything more. I love you Rory <3

Thinking about: growing up. I am finally where I always dreamed of being; a wife and a mom. Sometimes it gets really lonely though. Being at home alone, growing apart from most all of your friends, not knowing anyone in our area.. it's hard to put yourself out there and meet new people. And why are mom groups so expensive? I have an aversion to paying someone to be able to hang out with my peers. Sometimes when I see someone walking with a stroller around town, I want to chase after them and ask them to hang out with me and Logan. So lame. 


Eating: Paleo! (see the strawberry, banana, blueberry smoothie above) I started on June 1st and have already lost five pounds. I'll admit, it's been hard to not go the easy route with eating. I have always been a microwave cooking and pour out of a box sort of gal, but it's time for a change. I still very much had been eating like a toddler (chicken nuggets, fries, pizza, lots of bread, and a side of potatoes with everything), but with Logan here I realize I need to set a healthy example for her. The benefits of eating paleo have already been proven; I've lost weight and I am learning to cook! I've found a lot of recipes on Pinterest, Paleo Cupboard and via some free ebooks I found through Money Saving Mom

Watching:The Bachelorette, of course. I loved Dez so much on the Bachelor and couldn't believe Sean let her go! I am sort of disappointed with the selection of men they gave her. Why does everyone look like they're from the Jersey Shore? I can't imagine that's who'd she'd go for in "real life". I do hope she finds her husband in the end though. I don't really know who I am rooting for yet, but I do like Juan Pablo and Brayden.
I've also been watching Ugly Betty on Hulu. This show is great! I know I am so late to the party. Did anyone else watch it? I love that it's dramatic story lines are true to an actual telenovela.. like I know anything about a telenovela.

Bummed out on: all of the above mentioned in "thinking about" and Sarah Simmons' exit from The Voice! This show always disappoints me. I always say "I'm going to stop watching it", but I really like that show and I guess I can't have control over everything. Too bad.

Loving: Blogging! I can't wait to see what the future holds for me!
And, of course, this face:



How are you doing?
And thanks to Danielle for the series idea.

No comments :

Post a Comment