Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday Favorites


Source
If we ever are fortunate to buy our own home, I want to have pink flamingos in our front yard. Am I the only one?
                               
   This week was a good one. It went by pretty quickly. I always think that's a good thing because I love being able to go on day trips with my little family. This week was also pretty great because I signed my first contract as a freelance writer. So exciting! I am really loving my assignments and hope I'll be able to do some more writing for this publishing company.
 

Here are a few things that made me smile or intrigued me this week. Enjoy!


In honor of Father's Day weekend.. Dad's are the Original Hipster is so cute, and true!

Did you know it was yard bombing day last Saturday? I think this is so amazing. I wish people did it around here.

Will and Jaden Smith rapping the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song on the Graham Norton show makes me smile from ear to ear. It's incredible that they are in Britain and the audience sings along! I loved that show.

I've never been to Paris, but I feel like I am on top of the Eiffel Tower watching this !


These little owl treat bags are so sweet. I may have to wrap peoples Christmas gifts in them this year.

Did you know about the FDA's new sunscreen guildlines? As a person who gets heat stroke and terrible burns from being in the sun for a short amount of time, it's kind of scary that I've lived my whole life thinking my SPF 75 was doing a better job than SPF 50. I guess not! And the fact that no sunscreen has ever been proven to be waterproof is a bit frightening as well. I'm glad that the labels will be changing though and that people will know how to protect themselves.

I'm really loving this backyard space.

This dress is darling! You can't go wrong with gingham. Must lose more weight.. must lose more weight..

I love this phone case. I wonder if my Galaxy will fit in it? 


Okay, Logan and I need this turtle shell accessory for our Ergo carrier. Baby mutant ninja turtle.

This Star Wars X-wing Starfighter made entirely out of Legos may be the coolest thing I've ever seen.


This doughnut wedding cake is brilliant and gorgeous. I wish I thought of that!

Do you follow Joy at Wildflowers Photography? She is a local and her family of six is selling their house, sold nearly everything they own, and are taking off in their little camper for a new adventure to eventually settle in Texas! She's so inspiring.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with all of the Father's in your life!

xo
-Ali

No comments :

Post a Comment