Thursday, June 6, 2013

Succulent Love

I spruced up our front patio a few weeks ago by planting these cacti and succulents in cinder blocks. It brings much needed color to our HOA color palette. Can you believe those shoots coming off of that one in the middle!?  I have fallen madly in love with flowers now that we have our own space. And it is with falling in love with flowers that I have become "Ali the Snail Killer". I tried to be humane and just toss them into the grass, but now that they've started eating these lovely plants of mine, I am showing no mercy! It's a salt bath for you dirty snails!


Do you have a snail problem? Have you tried anything other than salt and cornmeal?

xo
-Ali

10 comments :

  1. What a fun idea! I need to find some cinder blocks now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! Such a great idea. Succulents are just so cute and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's such a cute and cheap project. I love that they're on the stairs but it can work anywhere :)

      Delete
  3. best use of cinder blocks i have ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is beautiful:) What a fun post...I love succulents! Excited to get to know you more, love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so great!! and welcoming! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete