Monday, August 26, 2013

Is it Fall Yet?

A few weeks ago I was so happy to be chilly. It was nice enough to not have to turn the air on all day.. cold enough to cuddle up with a blanket on the couch.. it was beginning to look like Fall and I couldn't have been more excited; then it warmed up. What's the deal weather? Why must you trick me?


It's been pretty warm here the last few days.. nothing miserable, but warm enough to make me long for Fall that much more. I have always been a lover of that time of year; pumpkins, leaves changing, sweaters, fires in the fireplace.. all leading into the holidays. Last year I was a huge pregopotamus and didn't quite enjoy the season I adore so much. With Logan being born at the end of November, I felt like a stuffed turkey at Thanksgiving and was even a postpartum grinch at Christmas. This year I intend to make up for last.

I am so looking forward to Logan's first Halloween, her first Thanksgiving, her first birthday, and the first Christmas that she will be able to actively be a part of. This year I feel like my love for Fall will only grow and change through her eyes.
I am excited to see her reaction to the pumpkins, the costumes, the lights, the tree, and of course.. the wrapping paper! This time of year is forever going to be different and I know I will only love it more because of her.

xo
-Ali

No comments :

Post a Comment