Monday, August 12, 2013

Weekend Shots and Happy Things.

These are some Instagram photos from this weekend.. feel free to send me a request so you can follow along.

We removed the pallet sofa from the nursery this weekend because we got an actual mattress and frame to go in there. As I mentioned in a previous post, Rory and I talked about getting rid of it once Logan started crawling around. Since little miss is on the move and since I've cut my ankles on it a few times, it needed to find a new home. Rory came up with the idea of hanging it  on the wall outside and it turned out so awesome! We bought some cheap terracotta pots, painted them, then hung them on the pallet with some metal wiring. Pretty simple and cheap project for this weekend.

Logan also ate her first pancake! I'm not sure if it was a success or not. I was going to make banana pancakes from this recipe I found on Pinterest, but I didn't have any almond butter. I ended up making her some from the bit of Bisquick mix I had left from my non Paleo days. She ate it just fine, but a few hours later she broke out in a rash on the left side of her face. It went away within forty minutes but returned later in the evening and was more prominent. I know you're not supposed to give babies eggs until after their first year, but I thought it wouldn't harm her being a part of a mix rather than a straight egg. I guess it did. The only other time she's had a reaction like that is when I gave her food with some blueberries in it.. which you're also not supposed to give a baby.
Have any of you mama's noticed that lots of baby food options have strawberries, blueberries, and tomatoes in them? Doesn't Gerber know that none of those foods are supposed to be given to babies? I should write a letter...
I wish Logan would eat the food I make her!

We've got some busy weekends coming up so I am hoping that means that the days go by quicker so it will be Halloweentime already! I am already planning Logan's costume. Too early? I don't even think we will have anything to attend, but I will put her in a costume! It'll be her first Halloween.. I have to.

These are some things that made me smile this weekend:

This sweet Peter Pan print on Etsy.

This reminder of how much I loved "Friends". Oh Ross... Pivot! Pivot!

How amazing is this shot?

Realities over on Jenna's blog.

These baby elephants in a pool makes my heart sing.

This pork chop recipe on Megan's blog looks so delicious! I can't wait to try it!

I hope you had a great weekend!

xo
-Ali

No comments :

Post a Comment