Monday, September 23, 2013

I'm Back in the Saddle Again

Hello there! I hope everyone had a great weekend. I am back, feeling good, and ready to be a happy blogger again. Thank goodness. The last two weeks were really rough and I refuse to step on the scale to see how much weight I gained back. I am a stress eater, and I was stressed. I know it's not drastic, but I can see a difference and that makes me sort of annoyed at myself. Just because things are hard doesn't mean I need to eat Ben & Jerry's FroYo.. maybe it does. This week I plan on getting my butt back into gear. I will start my exercise routine again after my two week break and I am going to be strict about my Paleo ways again. I feel so much better when I eat Paleo and exercise, so I just need to do it.
 

I am coming off of the best weekend I've had in a long time so I am super motivated to start feeling good again. I am so grateful for this weekend, we really needed it. The sickies are finally recovered, we had no obligations, so we spent time with each other and it was truly a blessing.

While I work on a blog post about our trip to the Aquarium (yay!), please enjoy these links:

I miss PB&J sandwiches.. a lot. So I might have been salivating while reading this article about where it originated.

One of my favorites. You know those handful (or maybe even less than a handful) of movies that just make your heart flutter.. this is on that list for me.

A good read about limiting TV time for your kids and making time for family. We don't have cable, but have Hulu and Amazon streaming.. Logan is already captivated by it when it's on (which isn't much when she is awake). I definitely don't want her to watch TV regularly, but a few shows is fine and probably needed when we get into that toddler age.

Hilarious article about shopping at Whole Foods. Rory and I went there for the first time a few weeks ago because I needed coconut flour and I can promise you I will never shop there again.. the prices are just stupid.

I know this is terrible, but it's so funny. Right?

How do people get props onto Splash Mountain? These photos are.. interesting.

I'm sad to see Sarah won't be blogging anymore. She makes a good point here though "it was fun to keep a little online journal of my family and the things we were doing, but it was always a little creepy that people knew about our lives...even though it was me who was sharing our lives with the world!" I think about that a lot actually.


I just heard about this Cheerios "scandal". Uhm, are you kidding me? I don't understand how people can be so hateful to one another.
 

I am listening to this song on repeat lately. It's so beautiful.. listen to it!

Did you do anything fun this weekend?

xo
-Ali



No comments :

Post a Comment