Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Mama Fails

Before I became a mom, I'd hear the term "mom brain" and not think much of it. I have no idea how or why your brain cells seem to dissipate when you become a mom, but my God, they really do. 
                          
I feel like I've had a lot of those "mama fail" moments lately:

-The other day I was in Target with Logan. I got two bags worth of groceries, paid for them, and walked out the door without them. I hear "Ma'am! Ma'am! You forgot your bags!"

-I went back in, got my groceries, walked out to my car.. was buckling Logan into her seat when a tall sexy glass of chocolate man walked up to me and said "Is this your wallet? I found it on the floor by the door and you were the last person I saw walking out."
 
Whhhhhaaaaat? How did that even happen? Double mama fail.. Bam!

-This morning I was taking a shower and I thought "Eh, I'll let Logan stand next to the shower with the curtain open a bit instead of putting her in her jumper.. She's right there.. she wants to move around." So I'm showering away when all of a sudden.. CRASH.. my shower head falls over and chaos ensues. Logan is loving her new waterfall, she's soaked, the floor is flooded, and I have conditioner in my hair. I finally got the damn shower head to stand back up in it's rightful position.. and then I looked at my drenched smiling child standing in a pool of water. 

-I took Logan to the "Duck Park" a couple of weeks ago to kill some time before we had to get Rory from work. I decided to walk next to the creek for the more scenic view down to the pond. I slipped in geese shit mixed with mud.. somehow I held on to Logan while my flip flops bent and my legs went in opposite directions. 

Sometimes I really think my brain is failing a bit more every day. I forget things constantly; so much so that when I put the car in drive, I double check that Logan is actually in the car with me. Being a mom is tough work, it ruins your body, makes you dumb.. but it's pretty worth it!

Do you have any funny "mama fail" stories? I'd love to see!

xo
-Ali

No comments :

Post a Comment