Monday, November 11, 2013

Logan's Birthday Wishlist

Somehow my little baby girl is turning a year old this month. I don't even know where the time went. Yes, like every other mama in the world, I feel like I blinked and my newborn turned into a little person. It's time to get my butt into gear and plan this girls birthday party!

I've mentioned before, but I really love this rule of thumb for presents for kids. I feel like kids expect so much from their parents these days; and while I would love to buy her everything her little heart desires for the rest of her life, I don't believe that will benefit her (or us) in the long run.

These are the things I am eyeing for her:
 
Something you want: Earlyears Lil' Shopper Playset  // Something you need: Hape Playfully Delicios Gourmet Kitchen  // Something to wear: Cable Knit Dress  // Something to read: Babylit Dracula

Okay, so maybe she doesn't need a kitchen.. but I need one for her. The way our house is set up, I cannot be in the kitchen while she is in her playroom and now that she is walking all over the place, it's not safe for her to be in the kitchen with me... burning hot oven and all. I usually stick her in her high chair with some toys, but now she is throwing them all on the floor and yelling at me to play her "I dropped it so mama gets it" game. Not so fun for mama! I would love to put a play kitchen in the dining room so she can be entertained and in sight!

Logan is also very much into books these days so why not get her "Dracula"? I love this Babylit series.. I've seen "Alice in Wonderland", "Pride & Prejudice", "Moby Dick".. you get the jist.. it's so clever and sweet.

As much as I am in disbelief that she's going to be one, I am excited for her to unwrap presents for the first time and am especially excited to make memories and start new traditions with her.

xo
-Ali

No comments :

Post a Comment