Friday, January 24, 2014

Currently and What's Currently on my Phone

Reading: I just read "Peter Pan" again. Do you watch "Once Upon A Time"? I started watching it on Hulu about a year ago and as cheesy as it is, I am hooked! I am pretty irritated at this season though. If you know me well, you know about my deep love and emotional attachment to Peter Pan; I don't know why.. but for as long as I can remember, it has meant the world to me. I own every Peter Pan movie, have watched every television special, tear up on the Disneyland ride.. it's no joke. The way "Once Upon A Time" depicted Peter this year, the way they roped him in to being other characters, and the way they demonized him really pissed me off. I sat down with one of my copies of the book and re-read it all to find some peace, to fall in love with the story again and to stick it to "Once Upon A Time"!

Doing:  Walking. I have been walking a mile and a half on weekday mornings with Logan for a few months now. It's my way to get out, get exercise, and to just have something to do to feel like I am bettering myself. It's so nice to get up and have that routine.. though there are definitely days I don't want to do it.

Thinking about:
How much has changed over the last year. Last January, we had a tiny newborn, were totally out of our minds confused, holding on tight to friendships that were already fading; we were just kids then. I feel like we've come so far.. Logan has taught us so much and changed us. We value the friendships that made it through this last year, we (sort of) know what we're doing as parents, we acknowledge we want to better ourselves each day; everything we do is for Logan and for each other. There is always room for improvement, but I am happy where we are right now.

Watching: House Hunters. I found an ungodly amount of seasons available for free streaming on Amazon Prime the other day and it's been my go to show. I have always liked looking into other peoples' houses and the couples who are buying are pretty hysterical. It's always the tight pocketed man and the wife who wants to redo everything accompanied by lots of whining about granite and stainless steel. It sort of makes you sick that a perfectly charming house is getting ripped a new one by some stuck up housewife, but it's entertaining nonetheless. 

Eating:
Paleo. I have been more strict the last several days about my eating habits. I was doing really well over the summer with Paleo, but I got lazy and succumbed to lots of soda cravings. It's really important to me to feel better about myself and to take care of my body, so here I am.. doing it. I have been making lots of paleo recipes for dinner and finding things to eat for lunch so I am feeling good and ready to really feel good.


Listening To: Mariachi El Bronx. So so so good; a punk band (along with my favorite trumpet player from the Mad Caddies) playing mariachi music.  


Loving:
how much Logan is growing.. even though it's sad at the same time. My baby is this real girl right now; a walking, talking, real food eating little girl! She signs "more" at everything she wants and then remembers to sign "please" afterward. She dances like a crazy person when Yo Gabba Gabba is on. She calls every animal "kitty". She waves hi at any passing stranger. When you say "open", she makes a grunting sound you'd make while opening a not so easy to open pickle jar. She kicks and throws balls now. She knows where her hands, shoes, nose, tongue and ears are. I feel like she's understanding so much all of a sudden and it's only a matter of time before we will be able to have full on conversations with her.. it's kind of nuts and it's amazing.

What about you? What are you up to lately?

xo
-Ali

1 comment :

  1. Mariachi El Bronx RULE!! Chris and I went to see them on Cinco De Mayo a few years ago and it was one of the best live shows Ive ever seen

    ReplyDelete