Saturday, April 5, 2014

This Years Easter Basket

Happy weekend everyone! I hope you're having a good one so far. We're working on a little project that I hope to share with you soon. Meanwhile, I thought I'd share some cute Easter basket ideas with you while Miss Logan is napping! Easter is two weeks away already; how did that happen?

So, I've talked here before about making new traditions and keeping some old ones; well, an Easter basket is a tradition I plan on keeping in our little family. I remember an Easter basket was always waiting for my sister and I on Easter Sunday; it was filled with little treasures and a few pieces of our favorite candy. I remember a New Kids on the Block Joey McIntyre figurine in mine one year! Score! I think it's really special that I still have those memories and I want Logan to experience that too. I am not opposed to a piece or two of candy, but I don't want it to be the focus of Easter for her; candy is for Halloween. In any gift giving circumstance, I want the items to be beneficial to Logan's development.. not just junky plastic crap so...

A few things I'd like to put in Logan's Easter basket this year:
 
Hape Watering Can // Bashful Bunny by Jellycat // Plan Toys Bunny and Chicken Racers // "I Can Fly" // Plan Toys Mushroom Kaleidoscope

I actually already got her the watering can, but if I throw it in her basket this year she wont think twice about it. I also have this sweet bonnet coming in the mail that I may toss in there too!

Do you give Easter baskets to your kids? What kind of items do you fill them with?

And just because..
Logan with her first Easter basket last year!!! Eeeeep the cuteness!
 

xo
-Ali

PS. I wanted to mention that I am currently trying to figure out how to install Disqus on my blog without having to remove all that I've already done to it. Disqus will allow you to follow along easily with my replies to your comments. Please note that I always reply to your comments here.. you just have to remember to check back. I do believe there's a box you can check to be notified by email with comment updates.. but anyway, I hope to figure out Disqus soon so you can see all of my replies to your comments because I always appreciate them :)

4 comments :

  1. So cute! The mushrooms are adorable. Also, Logan with her bunny ears is beyond words.

    http://howtomakehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they!? I love kitschy mushrooms :)
      Thank you! I hope to get a similar picture of her this Easter with the same ears.. fingers crossed that she cooperates!
      xo
      Ali

      Delete
  2. I love!!!! I gotta get my little guy that watering pale! Ps... Thats the cutest bunny I have ever seen! XO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great! Definitely the perfect size for little ones and stands up to the abuse a toddler gives it ;)
      Thank you!!! It's crazy to see her that little last Easter. I'll have to take the same picture and do a side by side comparison this year.
      xo
      Ali

      Delete