Sunday, May 4, 2014

Weekend Snapshots - The Beach


Saturday we drove about forty minutes North of us to Rincon Beach and spent the afternoon with my mom. I am not a beach person per say.. I hate crowds and trekking through the sand, but this beach was quiet and there wasn't much beach to trek through; perfect! Logan hadn't been to the beach since she was about seven months old, so I'm calling this her first real beach day.
She ran straight to the water! She played around in it for a while, but when a wave came in a little further than she liked, she was done with the water and only wanted to play in the sand.
It really was such a gorgeous day. It was grotesquely hot here last week, so it was nice to be in the ocean breeze. I am a total idiot and didn't sunblock myself, so I am feeling the burn (literally) and hoping aloe applications several times a day will un-tomatoe my back.
And hey.. yay for some family pictures! I am trying to embrace the camera lately by being in pictures. I realize that I am not in many because I am either taking them all or I turn down the opportunities to be in a photo because I don't feel skinny enough to be in them yet. Me feeling uncomfortable isn't worth not being in photos with my family.

This weekend was a really great way to start the month and I am feeling like this great weekend has paved the way for a great month!

xo
-Ali

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, we were!!
      It was a great little getaway for the day.
      xo

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous of everyone's beach trips. We are heading to Myrtle Beach in July and I absolutely cannot wait! Gorgeous photos and Kudos to you for getting in them. You look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun!! It's so nice to get away.. even if just for a day :)
      Thanks so much!
      Xo

      Delete