Monday, June 30, 2014

PeekABoo


Hey there! Did you think we had fallen off the face of the Earth? The past few weeks have been pretty crazy and I have not been able to sit down and write until now. Life has been full of lots of changes and new beginnings... in the thick of it all we felt depressed and like there was no light at the end of the tunnel, but here we are, in a gorgeous new home and all is well.

When we rented our townhouse, the owner told us he had no intention of selling. We were coming to the end of our two year lease and were asking the owner quite frequently if we were going to be able to renew.. a few weeks later we received a formal notice to vacate because the house was going to be listed and sold. We were heart broken to say the least; I was actually hysterical for a day or so. I felt so helpless, I felt like a failure because my daughters home was no longer going to be hers. I looked around at what we had made our home and realized we had become a family there, Logan had been there her whole life, she'd taken her first steps there... so many memories flooded my head and my heart became overwhelmed. I was filled with anxiety wondering what would we do, where would we go, and we need this much space now, and now we can't try for another baby this summer because we're moving... I was in a state of panic for days. I kept thinking about my childhood and how we were constantly moving from place to place and I was devastated for my daughter; I couldn't have her live the life I lived. I thought about us moving every year or so and having to put Logan and any other future children through that, it killed me.. it killed Rory.

The thought of continuing to live this way has made us set a lot of new goals that we are very motivated to keep. We prayed and we had faith and now we're here in this moment, enjoying our new home and feeling grateful for the chance to make our lives here.. to grow our family here and to make new memories.


xo
-Ali

No comments :

Post a Comment