Monday, June 16, 2014

Weekend Snapshots- The Museum


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend with the fathers' in your life! Rory had requested we go down to LA to Exposition Park to visit the museums. We had gone before I was even pregnant with Logan, so it was fun to go back and experience everything with her. She was pretty excited about these elephants; she kept asking to go see them. She ran around all of the mammal halls like a toddler on crack.. everything was new and exciting, I'm so happy she loved it and Rory and I had that much of a better time because of her.

If you know me at all, you'll know I do not like anything with wings to be in my personal space.. it's just terrifying to me, but I grew some balls and went in to the butterfly preserve at the Natural History Museum. It wasn't so bad, Logan was actually pretty nervous about them flying close to her so I had to laugh; like mother like daughter.
We were at the Natural History Museum for a couple of hours and then headed to the Science Center to see the space shuttle. It was packed and we found out you had to wait in some awful line to purchase tickets just to see it, so we walked around all of the other exhibits. Rory and I both agreed that the Science Center is something that we'll have to go back to in a few years when Logan can actually interact with everything. It's all hands on, which is really awesome, but she's not really ready for it all yet.

It's pretty crazy that June is half way over already! We've been so busy, have been working on a certain project that's been a thorn in my side (I'll share once we're done), and it seems like we blink and it's 11:30 at night and I'm angry at myself for not being in bed an hour ago! I'm grateful for these little weekend getaways we're able to have so we can sort of slow down, get away from home life, and make memories as a family.

xo
-Ali

No comments :

Post a Comment