Sunday, July 6, 2014

Starting Anew... With a Beach Day

Hello there! I hope all of my American friends had a great Fourth of July weekend! We visited the beach on Saturday because I vowed to not do any household duties this weekend; I felt we needed normalcy. Logan has been cooped up in the house for a few weeks and since we found out we had to move, we have not kept to our normal routine too much. We had been living amongst mountains of boxes for weeks, so now that we're a bit more settled, we deserved a beach day!
The last time we went to the beach, Logan touched the water a few times and decided she didn't like it too much; she walked away saying "No". This time she was ocean crazy! I put on my suit and got in the ocean with her for the first time since I was a kid.. yes, I was born and raised in Southern California and am not a huge fan of the beach.. mostly it's the sand (gross). We sat and played in the water for quite a while... we got smacked in the face a few times by waves, Rory caught some sand crabs for her, she was dancing in each wave that rolled in... it was a great day to get away and to find a new love for the beach through Logan's eyes. I am quite shocked at myself that I tolerated that much sand all over me; in the moment I didn't care because I was enjoying Logan's laughter and excitement.
As much as I dream of living in the North West on a farm with lots of land and mountains nearby, I am always happy to be such a short drive away from the beach. I am holding on tightly to these memories we're making as a family of three and it seems like Logan is going to be a true California babe. Maybe we'll move one day when we're old and our kids have moved away from us anyway.

We're happy to have had such a beautiful California weekend and are so grateful to come back and rest our heads in our beautiful new house that feels more like home every day. Pictures are being hung, rooms are being decorated, things are getting organized, we are settling and we are happy.
Hopefully I'll get myself together this coming week to get back to regular blogging and picture taking; I realized I missed last weeks portrait, so let's consider one of these pictures it.
xo
-Ali

**please excuse the grainy quality of the phone photos.. I forgot to bring my camera**

No comments :

Post a Comment