Wednesday, October 15, 2014

The Calm in the Storm



It's been a very difficult week. The weird thing about having a blog is that you're sharing your life with strangers, ghosts of your past who still have an interest in your life, family, friends.. mostly strangers and there's some things that you just can't share. When there's heartbreak and fear living inside me, I write; so here I am writing as much as I can to feel like I've "opened myself" up enough to feel some sense of relief for the time being. Perhaps you're thinking, "Wow that's vague. Thanks a lot!" but let's remember that this blog of mine isn't really for the entertainment of the world, it's for me to have a bit of an outlet and also to be what it started as; a way for family far away to keep up with Logan.

The weather has been ominous today with little bits of sunshine peeking through on occasion and I can't help but feel the need to be cliche and say that the weather perfectly represents life right now; there may be darkness, but there's sunshine behind it all. There's Logan and my husband and the fact that we're all alive and overall healthy, there's God, there's faith and hope, there's things to look forward to and memories to make. No matter what happens in life, there's always love.

xo
-Ali